What Else Are You Gonna Do in 9 Days?

There are too many reasons to get together with friends in early December… the top five off the top of my head:

5. You survived Thanksgiving with the family, or the in-laws, or the new partner’s family, or without any of that.

4. Closer to Christmas and Hanukkah no one has time with the shopping and the parties, and the other random obligations that arise.

3. Because on this date in 1960, Aretha Franklin gave her Big Apple debut performance at the Village Vangaurd – how do you not honor three legends?

2. Drinking away your holiday presents budget is a great way to keep costs down.

1. Because LiLu, Maxie, and I decided it’s been a while since we got the band back together.

_______________

Some Random Housekeeping:

I’ve consolidated the posts in which I offer advice/opinions into a section of links on the right.  It is either a hopeless exercise of my own vanity or something slightly helpful for a reader or two.

9 Responses to What Else Are You Gonna Do in 9 Days?

1. A says:

There’s a cat. With a Santa hat. On your blog.

Now I’ve seen it all.

You think I drew that?

2. k8 says:

Hanukkah starts at sundown that night.

So apparently I suck with calendars. Apologies to my friends who are observant and won’t be able to make it.

Let’s be honest… #1 is the only one that really matters.

Yes, but a list with one item wouldn’t be much of a list.

4. One of these days, I WILL make it to a D.C. blogger happy hour.

I am so happy to know that this problem has now been resolved.

5. Marked on my calendar! Looking forward to it already :)!

So glad you going to make it, and by the by, I hope Buckeye Boy will make an appearance too.

hopefully you’ll be wearing an ugly sweater.

If you were going to make it from the left coast, I would most certainly find an ugly sweater to wear.

7. Alice says:

alas… will be in NYC. this obviously just means there has to be another one to celebrate.. um.. the new year?

Like we really need a reason? Sorry that you won’t be there. Have a great time in NYC and know that you’ll be missed.

8. […] Cannot Be Serious First things first, I hope that we’ll see you tonight.  Good, now that that’s settled, back to regularly scheduled […]

9. Grace says:

It was nice to meet you! I’m glad I went. I look forward to reading your blog and future happy hours.

The pleasure was mine, I wish we had more time to chat.