Been Thinking About Space Since Yesterday’s Morning Storms

The space after the thunder but before the lightning

After the bottle is tipped but before the booze hits the glass

Between anticipation and reality

Between two bodies before a first kiss

After the pride but before the conceit

12 Responses to Been Thinking About Space Since Yesterday’s Morning Storms

1. BIgSis says:

I totally get it. For me, the moments after I hit send on an important email… before I get a reaction or none at all…

That’s another moment that lives longer in space than actually exists.

2. Sara says:

The space between day and night and night and day where anything is possible.

That’s the space where poets and dreamers mortgage the morning for the sake of the night.

3. I would like to go there please.

I’d love to go there more often myself.

Deep respect for people who know how to travel the space after the pride but before the conceit.

Of all of those spaces, that’s the one where I am certain there would be much debate about my ability to stay.

5. Gilahi says:

Shouldn’t that be after the lightning but before the thunder?

You’re absolutely right, but who ever says “Lightening & Thunder” vs. “Thunder & Lightening?”

the space after bliss and before reality.

The only trouble with that space is that you’ve gotta get to the bliss first, but damn you’re right.

7. redhead says:

Absolutely beautiful, my friend. The space between anticipation and reality gets me. every. single. time. Heartbreaking, really.

(And thanks for the shout out. You made my week and I owe you a bourbon/Santero.)

Thank you. That space is the best part of a first date.

8. liz says:

the space between the stomping around and the verbal abuse (both provided all too regularly by a toxic former employer)

That place doesn’t sound like too much fun.

9. The space between anticipation and reality? I usually fill it with tummy knots and hard liquor.

How else can one properly prepare for a first date?

10. ella says:

I’ve read this post about 5 times over the course of today and every time my reaction is the same. Deep intake of breath and a gentle sigh.

That is the nicest compliment that I have received in a long time.

Wait… isn’t that the space between pride and the fall?

How about the space between posting something and being corrected by anal-retentives? πŸ™‚

As it always goeth…

These are all electric moments; they make a powerful little list.

Thank you, and yeah I think that the electricity provided could power a light bulb or two.