I’ve Got Five on it Friday Volume VII

Four lies plus one truth = Five

1. I sucked my thumb until I was in high school
  2. I had to go to summer school after the 8th grade
  3. I rejected an offer to work for AOL in 1994 because I didn’t want the commute
  4. Despite all the trash I have talked/written about Starbucks , I wrote this from one of their locations
  5. My senior prom date stood me up

Five things I would do if I won the lottery

1. Save Screen on the Green
  2. Endow a scholarship chair for students who finish #2 in their class at Princeton, because, according to many on the right, that is not an indicator of intelligence
  3. Fund the introduction of breathalyzer technology on cell phones in America – or at least mine
  4. Provide subsidized transport back to Gotham for all displaced and disgruntled New Yawkers
  5. open a restaurant/lounge with an explicit No Khakis & Polo shirt dress code

Bonus – host a Summer Solstice Party for the ages but I might do that anyway.

Speaking of the Solstice – Five Lovely Things About Summer

1. Linen, linen everywhere and not a thread of wool
  2. Have you tasted the Anderson Valley Summer Solstice Ale?
  3. That perfect moment when the sun retreats  behind the landscape and the horizon is ablaze
  4. Sundresses, sarongs, and the beautifully silken summer legs that accompany them
  5. Maybe, just maybe, people take themselves just a touch less seriously

Five Overrated Fads I am Completely Over

1. Low riding jeans
  2. Molecular Gastronomy – when it comes to food give me soulful over scientific everyday of the week and multiple times on Sundays
  3. Game, the people who espouse it, expect it, embrace it, and the horse they all rode in
  4. Empire waistlines – unless you’re pregnant
  5. Bar “Chefs”

Five objectives for the summer

1. Play more tennis than I did last summer
  2. Avoid the intoxicating lure of the computer
  3. Find my missing pool game
  4. Make the perfect strawberry and basil soup
  5. Rediscover comfort in my own skin

Five best pieces of advice I have ever gotten,

1. 99.5% of all free wedding advice is worth exactly what you pay to receive it
  2. Happiness is never overrated
  3. Candy bars only make you hungrier when you’re starving
  4. Cologne (perfume too) should only be noticeable by those close enough to hear you whisper
  5. It’s impossible to be over-dressed in a room full of the under-dressed

Finishing with Five Fill-in the Blanks aka the Mini Meme

1. _______________ is the new black.
  2. Thunderstorms are ______________________.
  3. Everyman should know how to __________________ and have ____________________ in his closet.
  4. ____________________ is the perfect accessory to a great cup of coffee.
  5. Life is too short to ____________________.

Prior Editions:

Not Quite Five on It but I Include It Anyway

The Official Volume I

Also Not Quite a Five on It but I Include It Anyway

Apparently I Don’t Count So Well Because This is Volume III

Volume IV – Just Go with the Wacky Counting

Volume V – In for a Poorly Counted Penny, In for a Miscounted Pound

Volume VI – I suppose I could just correct it at this point, but this is more fun

15 Responses to I’ve Got Five on it Friday Volume VII

1. laloca says:

1. passion
    2. erotic
    3. jump a car / a clean set of sheets
    4. your lover curled up next to you
    5. stay at a job that’s killing you

what can i say… the warm weather gets to me.

You do seem to have a theme going…

2. Shannon says:

Referring to stuff as the new black is the new black.
    Thunderstorms are sexy as hell, provided you aren’t standing in a field holding a tall metal pole.
    Everyman should know how to walk on the outside of the sidewalk and have at least one decent suit in his closet.
    Someone bringing it to me in bed is the perfect accessory to a great cup of coffee.
    Life is too short to hang onto grudges.

I think that your accessory answer is perfect, however I am afraid that if I get rid of all of my grudges then my grievances won’t have anyone to keep them company.

3. Fearless says:

Canadian is the new black.

Thunderstorms are beautiful, but deadly.

Every man should know how to lead, and have a decent hat in his closet.

Frank Rich is the perfect accessory to a great cup of coffee.

Life is too short to worry about who is watching or what they might be thinking.

If Canadian is the new black, then what do you all call that color?

4. Christina says:

1-Yellow
    2-sexy
    3-say “please” and “thank you” and mean it
    4-A cookie
    5-be caught up on the trends

Yellow is a vastly underrated color but is generally misused especially by men.

5. liz says:

1. Transparency is the new black.
    2. Thunderstorms are the only time i turn off my computer.
    3. Everyman should know how to cook and have a passport in his closet.
    4. a cool spring morning is the perfect accessory to a great cup of coffee.
    5. Life is too short to be everybody’s friend

I couldn’t agree more about the friend thing, I would add that life is too short to use the word “friend” so cheaply.

6. Kristin says:

1. Black is the new black. [Let’s get back to real.]
    2. Thunderstorms are worth getting wet.
    3. Every man should know how to cook and have a suitcase in his closet. [I’m with Liz. I even wrote that before I read hers.]
    4. A travel mug is the perfect accessory to a great cup of coffee.
    5. Life is too short to worry what other people think. To wait. To stop dreaming, playing, believing… I can’t decide on that one.

Don’t you think that an expectation that everyman knowing how to cook is a bit unreasonable? Can we narrow that to everyman should know how to prepare three dishes really well, and everything else is a bonus?

7. imgonnabreakyourheart says:

5. Life is too short to drink bad wine.

I also think that life is too short to take wine too seriously. No, seriously, stop laughing. I really mean that.

8. Jo says:

Huhn. I like this. Here goes:

1 – Red is the new black.
    2 – Thunderstors are for sexin’ and curlin’ curling up with a good book (though not at the same time I hope)
    3 – Every man should known how to argue well and have the perfect old t-shirt he looks super sexy in (and that I can steal).
    4 – A cigarette is the perfect accessory to a cup of coffee (sorry!)
    5 – Ditto what imgonnnabreak you heart says: Life’s too short to drink bad wine.

Arguing well is a vastly unheralded and vital skill; sadly it is also a skill that most people are never taught. Most of the people who have learned it did so by accident or osmosis.

#4 is the lie.

And AMEN to being OVER Bar “Chefs”.

*Raises the roof*

*Died of embarrassment because she just typed “raises the roof” in 2009*

Actually there were four lies and only one truth, and four was one of the lies.

10. Julia :) says:

1. Black is the new black – I agree with Kristen
    2. Thunderstorms are scary
    3. Everyman should know how to dance and have a passport in his closet!!!
    4. Sex is the perfect accessory to a great cup of coffee (either before or after… hmm, or both)
    5. Life is too short to have regrets – do what you want and ignore what everyone else says.

My only regrets are the things I have not done.

11. kathleen says:

1. white is the new black.
    2. Thunderstorms are the perfect excuse to snuggle up in bed, or run out in the rain.
    3. Everyman should know how to pick a date place and have beach towels in his closet.
    4. A great coffee mug is the perfect accessory to a great cup of coffee.
    5. Life is too short to regret decisions.

I do adore my favorite mug.

12. Maxie says:

hate is the new black.
    Thunderstorms are annoying.
    Everyman should know how to change a tire and have some cash stashed in his closet.
    Splenda is the perfect accessory to a great cup of coffee.
    Life is too short to worry.

Hate is the new black? Hmm, but I always see you in colors?

13. redhead says:

Frugality is the new black.
    Thunderstorms are miraculous and are best enjoyed with a bottle of wine on my porch.
    Everyman should know how to tie a tie and kiss his lover, and have very few skeletons in his closet.
    An orgasmic afterglow is the perfect accessory to a great cup of coffee.
    Life is too short to dance with ugly men.

P.S. I still like molecular gastronomy. It’s the perfect juxtaposition between nerdiness and food. Wylie Dufresne is on Top Chef Masters. I totally want to motorboat him.

14. ladyloren says:

okay, so, truth…I have been a lurker for a while, but this one is too good to let go.

Accountability is the new black.
    Thunderstorms are someone’s way of telling you to sit down & shut up.
    Every man should know how to pay a proper compliment and have an item of clothing that un-ironically reminds of him of his grandfather in his closet.
    Saltwater crashing on a pristine beach is the perfect accessory to a great cup of coffee.
    Life is too short to wear bad shoes.

15. […] Volume VII – just  go with it Possibly related posts: (automatically generated)rememberThe PointLaunching The Journal 38.895112 -77.036366 […]