Happy Annivorceary

Nine years ago today I emerged from a courtroom a divorced man.

I celebrated that day with a really good cigar that afternoon and  spectacular wine that night.  The next morning I made a list, I like lists, for my summer and maybe the rest of my life.  I am not sure where that list is now, but I am celebrating my ninth Annivorceary with French press coffee, a morning cigar and writing a new list for a new summer.  Thus far the only thing that is certain to make the list is Tony Bennet’s show at Wolftrap.

8 Responses to Happy Annivorceary

1. Lemmonex says:

Tony is a great start. Happy Annivorceary.

Thanks. It will be the third time I have seen him and I am just as excited as the first.

2. Fearless says:

2009 is your year, remember?

Tony is a true gem, and always a good idea.

How could I forget?

3. Happy “Day the Chaos stood still & I exited left”

Word.

That’s a big milestone. Happy annivorceary. A friend of mine said she just saw Tony Bennett and he was spectacular.

Thanks. You know as much as I am looking forward to sitting on the lawn at Wolftrap with a blanket, a picnic dinner and a lovely bottle of wine, I must admit that I would rather see him is some intimate jazz club.

I second repliderium.com’s comment. 🙂

Here’s hoping that none of us ever knows another day like that.

6. gilahi says:

As Jerry Seinfeld said on a Tony Bennett tribute show, “Listening to ‘I Left My Heart In San Francisco’ is the greatest three minutes of your life.” Enjoy, Sir.

Stepping Out With My Baby is my personal favorite… Incidentally, I searched, unsuccessfully, for a good YouTube clip of Mr. Bennett singing Stepping Out but I did find a clip of a very young (and still very Black) Michael Jackson performing the song.

A morning cigar? You are hardcore, my friend.

Happy Annivorceary! Hope to see you tonight.

There are few joys in life quite like the breakfast cigar.

8. Shannon says:

Joining in late to say that your annivorcery is also my ex-husband’s birthday. Weird.