I Laughed, I Cried, It was Better than Cats

Tracy and I had been dating for a couple of months and things were going well.  One night we settled on the couch to watch some romantic comedy – the name of which escapes me.  I do, however, recall that at the apex of the movie the Sally character said something to her Harry counterpart.  It was funny and poignant and Harry laughed and cried.

I looked at Tracy and pondered the on-screen relationship, the depth of a connection where a woman could say something that would make a man laugh and cry at the same time.  I wanted that kind of a connection I told her and asked “Tracy what could you say that would make me laugh and cry at the same time?”

She looked deeply, almost lustily at me and replied “Baby, you’ve got the biggest dick of all your friends.”

Yes, that was a joke I heard the other night.

7 Responses to I Laughed, I Cried, It was Better than Cats

Ha! Good humor.

The credit for that joke goes to one of my cigar smoking buddies who told it with great aplomb.

2. Now THAT is one classy broad!

Definitely my kinda dame too.

3. Kevin says:

First lesson in law school: Never ask a question you don’t already know the answer to.

First lesson in dealing with women: never compare her or your relationship to movie characters.

4. kathleen says:

it was better than cats. hilarious. rotten garbage is better than cats.

I tried to find the origin of that quote – it’s been around longer than I can remember.

5. ella says:

now i just need the perfect situation to repeat this

I am pretty sure that you will find a way to slip it into casual conversation.

6. Aileen says:

I’m guessing you heard the joke from the couple looking for a threesome…! Ha!

Ba dum bump. Tip your waitresses. Ladies and gents, she’ll be here all week.

7. Maxie says:

haha I love it.

thanks you dear – and how come you rolled through town and I didn’t get to buy you a drink?