Finally Sitting At My Own Table

When I started this blog, I asked one friend for advice.  He told me the first thing I should do was buy the domain because “it has such caché and potential” he promised to help me get the whole thing working in exchange for booze (see I’m not the only one who work for liquid payment.)

I followed instruction and purchased the domain.  Even though he completely flaked on me we were unable to coordinate our schedules I  finally got WordPress to make it work.  From this day forward, you can go to restaurantrefugee.com.  Feel free to change your links or readers, or not, they will still work*.  And yes this post is a blatant attempt to sprain my elbow while patting myself on the back for doing something surprisingly simple, but I never pretended to be the sharpest instrument in the drawer.

*Edited to Add: To further establish that minor technical achievements are meritorious for me, I am mistaken – you will need  to update your blog readers… I think.

9 Responses to Finally Sitting At My Own Table

1. Sara says:

This post contained three words I did not understand…and meritorious was not one of them. So, yeah…I am pretty impressed with the whole dot com thing.

2. laloca says:

and behold, ye have embarked upon the joys of domain ownership. be ye not afraid, for the trials of the domain owner are far milder than those of, say, the home owner, car owner, yea, even than the dog owner. and welcome ye to wordpress self-management. the wordpress knowledge base is thy friend.

okay, enough of my nonsense. i’m just happy to see you’ll keep writing somewhere.

3. Well, you are in the big leagues now my friend! Maybe I should buy my domain too … seems like all the cool kids are doing it.

I bought a domain three months ago. It’s sitting somewhere out there, yet unused.

5. freckledk says:

Wow. Refugee’s all growns up now. Congrats.

That reminds me, there’s a site that Suicide Blond put aside for a gaggle of us girls a long time ago. I’ll have to see if we still “own” it.

Well, look at you! All dot.commy! Congrats.

7. kjohnsonesq says:

You’ve found the light! Welcome.

8. Lemmonex says:

Big boy blog! Congrats.

9. ella says:

playing with the big boys now? awesome!