Superfluous Friday Edition

In copy catting solidarity with this person I adore, and this person who I think is fabulous, and this person who petitely personifies terrific, and countless other citizens of the blogosphere who were chaffed by this suggestion that all bloggers need to shut their collective e-pie holes until we have something more meaningful to write, this post is free of intellectual calories.

30 Random things crossing my mind lately

1. Why do so many of the really hot dishes come with a side of crazy?
  2. This mini heat wave must be endured without complaint because the weather in August was the best we have seen in these parts in decades.
  3. When does one officially move from mid 30s to late 30s?
  4. Football is back and all is right with the world
  5. I am a straight man, and I like the L Word.  Got something to say about it?
  6. I don’t care if a snarling pitbull is wearing lipstick, I am still afraid of it.
  7. I miss my Treo
  8. I am still angry with all of you for not watching SportsNight in sufficient numbers to keep it on the air.
  9. Romeo and Juliet is coming to the STC and that, to quote this lady, “makes me happy in my pants.”
  10. I feel sorry for people that don’t drink, because when you get up in the morning that’s as good as you’re going to feel all day.
  11. Frank Sinatra said that.
  12. At a concert in Vegas
  13. On his 50th birthday
  14. There are few life experiences I wouldn’t trade to have been at that show.
  15. Eva Cassidy dies at 35 but Dick Cheney still lives?
  16. The number of people who could have been the first subject of the last sentence is innumerable.
  17. The only way to make a pork tenderloin taste better is to wrap it in bacon.
  18. If you want me to do just about anything, asking with a frozen Peppermint Pattie in your hand is a good start.
  19. Bob from Atlanta, it was nice meeting you last night; and your wife is way too hot for you.
  20. Tall dorky and drunk homophobe watching the game near me last night, you needed a smack.
  21. The list of things in Georgetown that don’t suck can be counted using my fingers – with a couple to spare.
  22. My current eCrush list is longer than the list of things in Georgetown that don’t suck
  23. Sign O the Times is Prince’s best album ever.
  24. There ought to be a constitutional right to free wi-fi in all urban areas
  25. The inside joke in the movie Sideways is that the 61 Cheval Blanc is mostly Merlot
  26. I went to the Lane Bryant website one fucking time  months ago for research and I am still getting their banner ads.
  27. Actually, it is you not me.
  28. The first day of fall is the first day it is cool enough for me to wear a cashmere sports jacket
  29. Google Chrome isn’t quite ready for prime time.
  30. Write what ever the hell you want.  We live in a country that still offers choice for the moment.

19 Responses to Superfluous Friday Edition

1. Lemmonex says:

LOVED Sportsnight! I watched. Dan and Casey, those crazy kids. I was so sad when it went off the air. I was a Jeremy girl myself…

I always suspected this about you.

2. kjohnsonesq says:

“If you want me to do just about anything, asking with a frozen Peppermint Pattie in your hand is a good start.”

The secret is out…bribery will ensue…

I thought this was covered by priveledge.

3. I-66 says:

I’m glad I’m not the only one looking to break out the blazer. I will neither confirm nor deny having a selection.

My problem with Cashmere is almost as bad as LivLuv’s with shoes.

4. Shannon says:

I thought the inside joke to Sideways was that it was ridiculously mediocre, but people still went nuts over it.

That was the inside joke for people who actually like movies.

5. Red says:

Ohhhhh if you like the frozen peppermint patties then you should get a box of the After Eight Mints and store them in a freezer. When you take it out you take leetle bites and they just melt in your mouth.

After 8’s and champagne are best enjoyed after?

6. MIchelle says:

Actually, it is you not me.

Truer words have never been written 😛

Or spoken… um, last night.

7. liz says:

Research conducted at the Lane Bryant website? please elaborate . . .

Links in the post, and your inbox.

8. “4. Football is back and all is right with the world”

AMEN.

Been praying at the TV alter every Sunday since I was born.

9. LivitLuvit says:

I foresee much manly bonding between you and B over football this fall. I also foresee Lem, Shannon and I coming with to dole at the smacks to annoying bystanders as needed. And for the beer. But mostly the first thing.

Hello, Monday Night Football, it’s me, Refugee. Did you miss me like I missed you?

10. Phil says:

Mmmmm….Sign O’ The Times is a great album…but his best?

As commercially popular as “Purple Rain” was, that’s still hard to top.

If I had to recommend to someone who never listened to Prince as to where to go first, I might say “1999”….it’s a tough call for me, but I think I waffle between this and P.R.

11. Shannon says:

For a moment I thought Liv said, “Dole out the snacks.” And I pictured us all June Cleaver-y, handing out food to our manly men while they watch their manly football. And then a wave of nausea struck me.

There are many excellent things about this list, but I particularly love this one: “Eva Cassidy dies at 35 but Dick Cheney still lives?”

“Why do so many of the really hot dishes come with a side of crazy?”

Because they can?

You have to be really hot to get away with crazy.

14. Kevin says:

“17. The only way to make a pork tenderloin taste better is to wrap it in bacon.” Is this kind of like the Hungry Heffer’s Carnivore Platter? A steak topped by pork chops?

And is one of those things in G-town Pizza Paradiso?

15. Kristin says:

Eva Cassidy…. The reference kept her voice in my head all day.

16. thoughts says:

I had pork tenderloin wrapped in bacon at a great restaurant in Cape May last week. So I obviously agree…little beats pig wrapped in pig.

17. […] Not Quite Five on It but I Include It Anyway […]