Can Post-It Notes Change the World?

postit note

I hope you have a great evening and decide to forward some random kindness in the world.

I found this note on the Metro yesterday, and I began to wonder “what can we accomplish with post-it-notes?”  I don’t know that answer; but I did go buy a pack of em’.

If you were going to leave a note to a random stranger, what would it say?

About these ads

19 Responses to Can Post-It Notes Change the World?

1. Jaime says:

call your mother

2. Jo says:

When I lived in France I once found a post it stuck to a telephone pole that said “La Vie Est Belle” (life is beautiful). Oddly enough that one little post it really affected me and made me realize I should stop and appreciate life a little more. I’ll always thank whoever wrote that note.

3. Brando says:

“Dont’ even think about it.”

4. Christina says:

You are in this world for a reason….don’t mess it up

5. Titania says:

(1) “Chew with you mouth shut”
    (2) “don’t look at me, I didn’t do it”

6. Smile. Say thank-you. Trust me it won’t kill you.

7. shine says:

Did you watch Dead Like Me? It was a TV show about grim reapers. They got all of their “assignments” on yellow post-it notes. Now I can’t see one without thinking about that.

8. A says:

Everything’s gonna be alright.

9. hi there sugarbaby
    xoxo

10. rahree says:

you are a gift.

11. We’re all in this together.

take my advice, and please, don’t buy an HP.

13. Brett says:

someone loves you. more than you know.

14. Kristin says:

We all exist as we are and that is enough (with thanks to Walt)

15. Kristin says:

A friend pointed out sugar packets in Botswana, packets with quotes, that made me think, much like the Post-It.

Mine said, “Just be what you are and speak from your guts and heart – it’s all a person has.”
    ~ Hubert H. Humphrey

I still carry it in my pocket.

16. Gofahne says:

It’s never too late to be who you might have been. – George Eliot

17. [...] other day I found a Post-It Note while riding the Metro.  It brought me smile and I started leaving the occasional note for the random person.  Here are [...]

18. Let it be. There will be an answer.

19. Thank you, all, for your wonderful suggestions. I’ve burned more than a few of them into my brain for future use (only The Blonde One could get away with “Hey, Sugar Baby.)

I hope a few of you will keep some Post-It notes handy in case the mood strikes you.