Four lies plus one truth = Five
- I sucked my thumb until I was in high school
- I had to go to summer school after the 8th grade
- I rejected an offer to work for AOL in 1994 because I didn’t want the commute
- Despite all the trash I have talked/written about Starbucks , I wrote this from one of their locations
- My senior prom date stood me up
Five things I would do if I won the lottery
- Save Screen on the Green
- Endow a scholarship chair for students who finish #2 in their class at Princeton, because, according to many on the right, that is not an indicator of intelligence
- Fund the introduction of breathalyzer technology on cell phones in America – or at least mine
- Provide subsidized transport back to Gotham for all displaced and disgruntled New Yawkers
- open a restaurant/lounge with an explicit No Khakis & Polo shirt dress code
Bonus – host a Summer Solstice Party for the ages but I might do that anyway.
Speaking of the Solstice – Five Lovely Things About Summer
- Linen, linen everywhere and not a thread of wool
- Have you tasted the Anderson Valley Summer Solstice Ale?
- That perfect moment when the sun retreats behind the landscape and the horizon is ablaze
- Sundresses, sarongs, and the beautifully silken summer legs that accompany them
- Maybe, just maybe, people take themselves just a touch less seriously
Five Overrated Fads I am Completely Over
- Low riding jeans
- Molecular Gastronomy – when it comes to food give me soulful over scientific everyday of the week and multiple times on Sundays
- Game, the people who espouse it, expect it, embrace it, and the horse they all rode in
- Empire waistlines – unless you’re pregnant
- Bar “Chefs”
Five objectives for the summer
- Play more tennis than I did last summer
- Avoid the intoxicating lure of the computer
- Find my missing pool game
- Make the perfect strawberry and basil soup
- Rediscover comfort in my own skin
Five best pieces of advice I have ever gotten,
- 99.5% of all free wedding advice is worth exactly what you pay to receive it
- Happiness is never overrated
- Candy bars only make you hungrier when you’re starving
- Cologne (perfume too) should only be noticeable by those close enough to hear you whisper
- It’s impossible to be over-dressed in a room full of the under-dressed
Finishing with Five Fill-in the Blanks aka the Mini Meme
- _______________ is the new black.
- Thunderstorms are ______________________.
- Everyman should know how to __________________ and have ____________________ in his closet.
- ____________________ is the perfect accessory to a great cup of coffee.
- Life is too short to ____________________.